Monday, July 7, 2008

Saturday, July 5

Time to play muahahahaha. Early Sat morning, I took the bus to XinHuaBaiHuo, like 5 minutes away to meet my Yale friend who lives near the 5th ring in Beijing. We went shopping, ate Baskin Robbins (not as good as the US version) ate like 5 sticks of meat that was spicy (my friend kept saying that this was the food Chinese ppl miss the most when they're abroad) and greasy but good, ate more ice cream (a chocolate sundae in which the chocolate syrup tasted fake), ate a chocolate pastry, shopped more, and talked talked talked. Hee. Was fun. 
Later at night, with group went to club Banana. Only 20 kuai = very cheap but still not worth going again I think. Though it was fun in the beginning, it got disgusting super fast. The dance floor didn't really move like I thought it would. It was just bouncy. It was super crowded and nobody really danced. Half (or maybe even more than half) of the men there were old (like 40s/50s), this fact seriously pissed me off. Why are they not going home to their children and wives and going to a club where they stand near young girls and just stare at them and try to touch them. Seriously it was gross. Then I got pushed vehemently on the head by this security guy who was trying to make way for this performer on their way to a stage. The performer wasn't even famous. Then there were these two caucasian guys, half naked, dancing really inappropriately. This somehow got some Chinese men riled up. Ew ew ew. I won't even go to the details because it would be defiling my blog. Also, I met someone there that I really didn't want to see. Overall, besides having fun with my friends, there was nothing really else great to say about the place. 
But after, me and two of my gal friends took a long taxi ride to Wudaokou to eat some really good food. That made it all worth it. Hee

Note to self: Banana never again.

No comments: